Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to get wireless carrier signal in GNU Radio

From: Shirve
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to get wireless carrier signal in GNU Radio
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Zenghao,

Thank you for your reply. I have few more queries regarding the carrier
sense module in probe_avg_mag_sqrd_c.cc file. It looks like to find the
presence of carrier in air, there is a variable d_unmuted, which is being
checked. This variable is set whenever pre_output_iir variable is more than
d_threshold value. I have two doubts about it.

First, How can d_threshold be compared with d_iir.prev_output variable? It
seems that d_ threshold is the ratio of Signal to Noise. Does it mean,
d_iir.prev_output is also ratio os signal ro noise?

Second, is there any way to define the threshold signal strength? Or does
the packet initiation detection not depended on carrier's strength and
rather dependent on S/N ratio?

Hoping for the kind reply again.

- Sachin