Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Inefficiency of message passing in inband code

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Inefficiency of message passing in inband code
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:15:56 -0700

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just a little bit from just about the only person who has *actually* used
> the PMT type other than Eric ;)  I definitely agree with Eric against
> statically typed messages.  It will severely impact a major goal of the PMT,
> which is to support dynamic messages between blocks for MAC implementations.

I have used PMT/mblock in some commercial contract work.  I agree that
there are performance improvements to be made in a number of places,
but the "late binding" nature of the dynamic typing is sort of what
PMT is all about, and makes possible the simplicity of the mblock
design.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC