Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bootstrap error in gnu trunk

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bootstrap error in gnu trunk
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:18:24 -0400

I am using the cygwin environment.
As my college doesn't allow the svn command to download the latest gnuradio
trunk, giving the error 'cannot resolve hostname', so I used the windows
based software 'TortoiseSVN' and downloaded everything in the folder
'gnuradio'.

Does the svn within cygwin perform the same function as what the software
'tortoisesvn' did for me?

Yes, except that it doesn't add an extra character to every line.

I read the svn+lineseparator issue on the page ---------------and applied
the proposed fix but it gave the same error as posted below.

Anyhow I copied this 'gnuradio' folder to c:\cygwin\usr\src, so using the
bash i entered the command

./bootstrap

I got the following error.

./bootstrap: line 2: $'\r': command not found
./bootstrap: line 21: $'\r': command not found
./bootstrap: line 22: $'\r': command not found
./bootstrap: line 24: $'\r': command not found
': No such file or directorydirectory `config
./bootstrap: line 26: $'autoconf\r': command not found
./bootstrap: line 27: $'autoheader\r': command not found
'ibtoolize: unrecognized option `--automake
libtoolize: Try `libtoolize --help' for more information.
'utomake-1.10: unknown warning category `none
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
configure.ac:84: installing `./install-sh'
./bootstrap: line 31: $'\r': command not found
./bootstrap: line 33: syntax error near unexpected token `$'\r''
'/bootstrap: line 33: `(cd usrp2/firmware ; ./bootstrap)

Can anybody figure out the error?

Perhaps you should look at bootstrap and see if it looks like normal text. Compare it to something like configure.ac.

My guess is that you will need to run dos2unix on bootstrap, and possibly on other files not mentioned in the WindowsTips wiki page.

-- Don W.