Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio eye candy

From: Jonathan P Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio eye candy
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:13:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Philip Balister wrote:

Does anyone have a gnu radio program that provides eye candy, without
needing a USRP? Some kind of graphic display would be great.

I put together this little demo to confirm that our installation was working:

 http://staff.washington.edu/jon/gr-osx/gr-signoise.html

The demo presents three sliders: sine wave frequency and amplitude, and noise
amplitude. The demo shows the sine wave plus the noise on two displays: an
oscilloscope and a spectrum analyzer.

One version puts all the sliders and displays on a single panel.  The second
version puts the sliders, the oscilloscope, and the spectrum analyzer on three
separate panels that can be moved around on the desktop.

Screenshots and code are on the page linked above.

Jon Jacky