[Discuss-gnuradio] vector_sink read problem

From: kaleem ahmad
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] vector_sink read problem
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I want to implement an infinite loop which receives data (using USRP +
RFX2400) in a vector_sink_b(). The packets are sent by a transmitter after
every 't milliseconds'. I tried the code given at the end of paragraph. But
it doesnt works and problem which I am facing is that it receives the first
correct packet and then rather to wait for the next correct packet it keep
on reading the copy of same packet (from I dont know ...may be from
buffers??) and extending it every time with previously read data. I mean it
do as follows > Suppose first packet contains the string : TEST. at first
read it gets: TEST...second time TEST TEST....third time TEST TEST TEST and
so on. I was expecting that it will receive a packet and will then waits for
other packet? So can you please suggest me what is the problem and how can I
solve it.
        rx, vec_sink = receive()
        rx.start()
        while (rx.is_running):
                rx_data = vec_sink.data()
                if (len(rx_data) > 0):
                        #process rx_data
                        rx_data = ' ' #re-initilaze the receive buffer

The following code works but it only receive one packet and then shutdowns
the flowgraph
        rx, vec_sink = receive()
        rx.start()
        flag = 1