[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio beginner

From: Mohd adib Sarijari
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio beginner
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:04:56 +0200

hi,

  i am very new with GNU Radio. now i am in process of installing the
GNU Radio but unfotunetly i still fail to install.. i had try for 3
days.

  i follow the GNU Radio installation Note by Naveen Manicka.i had
finished step one (installing the gnuradio-core). now when i want to
install gnuradio-example it tell me to set the phyton path environment
variable. i had run the command that it give in the installation note..
($ export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages) but when i
type $phyton it dose not give feed back as in the note (>>> from
gnuradio import gr)

can any one help me? i am very sorry to post this very basic issue but
i am totally new in GNU Radio and i think i am the first to try GNU
Radio in my country. currently i am doing my master by Research.

thank you in advance.

adib sairi