[Discuss-gnuradio] Help with Undefined Symbol error --- undefined symbol

From: Murtuza
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with Undefined Symbol error --- undefined symbol: _Z25dsss_make_spreading_blk_bj
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:39:58 -0500

Hi friends,

I made a new gnuradio block and  installed it in the gnuradio python install path. When I tried importing this in python I got this Import error.

>>> from gnuradio import dsss
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/dsss.py", line 6, in <module>
    import _dsss
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_dsss.so: undefined symbol: _Z25dsss_make_spreading_blk_bj

I dont understand what it means and I didn't found any helpful answer in the archive. I tried the same thing on a different computer with the same result.

Has it got something to do with SWIG or the .i file.

I use SWIG 1.3.31 and gnuradio 3.1.3.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Ali