Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_multi.py and hier_block2

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_multi.py and hier_block2
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:39:51 -0700

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 02:39:05PM -0500, Douglas Geiger wrote:

> Here's a patch to make usrp_multi.py work with hier_block2 (and thus
> work with the latest release).  I also corrected what I believe to
> be a bug with the default selection of which USRP as master, and
> added the ability to set the rbf filename to load in the fpga.  If
> you want those broken out into separate patches let me know - but I
> figured this was small enough as it was.

Thanks!  Have you tested this on hardware?

> I also have locally change the BBN 802.11b demodulator to use
> hier_block2, I'm going to try to organize those edits together to
> post a patch somewhere (Someone on the list had asked for them?).  I
> expect to send them back to the BBN folks, but if anyone else wants
> it, let me know.

We should import the BBN code into our repository, then get it working
with your patches.  That was the plan all along, it just never got
finished.  With the USRP2 just around the corner, 802.11 looks more
interesting :-)

Please send the BBN patch to the patch list, and I'll get it all into
the tree.

Thanks!
Eric