[Discuss-gnuradio] Messages like 'OuOuOu' and 'uUuU'

From: Paul Mathews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages like 'OuOuOu' and 'uUuU'
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:30:43 -0700

I really try to search the archives thoroughly and to look source code over
in detail before asking questions like this one, but perhaps I've overlooked
something. Anyhow, if someone can direct me where to look to understand the
messages that seem to arise from several of the gnuradio example apps, I
will appreciate it. Here are excerpts from a couple of typical sessions
using USRP with FLEX900 daughtercard. (I've chosen the freq 903.45MHz,
because it's one of the channels on my cordless phone.):

$ python usrp_siggen1.py -f903.45e6
Using TX d'board A: Flex 900 Tx MIMO B
uUuUuU

2.
$ python gnuradiogui.py -RA -f903.45
uOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuO
uOuO
[...]

Running under Cygwin, Python 2.5, Windows XP, if that matters somehow.

Paul Mathews