Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 1 PPS input for USRP2

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 1 PPS input for USRP2
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:14:41 -0700

subodh chiwate wrote:
Hi,
I just saw the specifications for USRP2. I wanted to know the use of the 1 PPS and 10 MHz inputs. These are standard outputs of a GPS unit. So is it just a set of external references or they are used in the ethernet time stamping?

The USRP2 has a 100 MHz clock internally. That clock will be locked to the 10 MHz reference you provide.

Samples can be time stamped, and that time can be calibrated to the 1 PPS signal. In the most general case, that 1 PPS input just goes directly to the FPGA, so internally you can do whatever you want with it.

Matt