Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oddities in trunk address@hidden - @8850]

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oddities in trunk address@hidden - @8850]
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:39:43 +0200

OK, I've solved it. It was my fault as usual.. :-D

Are you subclassing gr_sync_interpolator?
YUP

Are you overriding forecast in the same class?
NOPE

what happened is that I mistook gr_sync_interpolator buggy behavior for a feature belonging to gnuradio. :-D

It was indeed a useful feature for my purposes, and I built upon it. Before 8835, you could lock the value of noutput_items when using an interpolator by simply feeding into it a   noutput_items-long vector.

after 8335, this was no longer true and set me into troubles.

right now, I'm overriding fixed_rate_ninput_to_noutput in order to obtain the same result.
It works. (using set output multiple did not)
If there's a better way, I'm eagerly listening.

Still TPB scheduler does not work with Soft-DVB.
Indeed I'm looking forward to parallelizing Soft-DVB code, and I need to understand more of all this. I'll look for references and direction on the wiki.

Just a preliminary question. Do we have already the new scheduler working also on the cell? I mean would it just do on the PS3 the same parallelization it is doing un my intel dual core cpu?

really thanks for support...
I wouldn't have fixed the thing without your suggestions..

:-)

vincenzo