Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] -T A:1 or -T B:1 tuple out of range?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] -T A:1 or -T B:1 tuple out of range?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:38:11 -0700

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 06:15:24PM -0500, Brett L. Trotter wrote:
> We're getting tuple out of range when specifying port 1 on either side for
> an LFTX board. Specifying -T A:0 or -T B:0 on does seem to work on several
> of the transmitter apps we've tried.

Lots of code assumes that the two DACs are always being used in
quadrature, thus there is no -T A:0 or -T A:1, just -T A.

If you're willing to do a substantial amount of work, it's possible to
use the two DACs for a given daughterboard separately.  The first
place to start would be to read and understand all the fine points in
the AD9862 data sheet that have to do with the transmit path.  Once
you understand the underlying h/w you'd be prepared to evaluate the
required software modifications.

Eric