Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with rx_voice.py

From: Gregory Maxwell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with rx_voice.py
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:46:45 -0400

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Johnathan Corgan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Ulf Lindgren A
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have been  trying the tx_voice.py and rx_voice.py, and I have had some
>> problems with the rx_voice.py failing. However, I think there is a bug in
>> the rx_voice.py file, at least everything works when I change it.
>
> Good catch, this was missed back when we did the conversion on the
> trunk.  It's been updated now.

FWIW, I've created an enhanced version with support for Speex and CELT
along with a few other bells and whistles. But the need for python to
rebuild the signal chain after every packet is an utter killer which
keeps it from working remotely efficiently. (i.e. back to back packets
with the modem running at the same bitrate as the codec).

Has there been any progress lately on the ability to do synchronous data modes?