RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues

From: Eric Schneider
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:21:34 -0600

Of the two, I would prefer the rollover flag solution.

If we are willing to put limit on how far ahead we can schedule then we
should be able to decide implicitly if a wrap has occurred.

2^31, or half the counter range would provide a 32s range, and should be
(way) more than enough.  The host can delay longer before sending the packet
if longer delays are required.

The basic logic would be to check the delta, and if greater than 2^31, then
make go/wait/drop decisions assuming a wrap is involved.

--ets