Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uses of gnuradio

From: Wireless Monster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uses of gnuradio
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:31:08 -0400

Hi Joreen,
Listening to GSM broadcast channles and initaiating a RACH procedure with a GSM handset using the USRP is possible.

Take a loook to http://wiki.thc.org/gsm . It may help.
++

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Joreen Tan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am totally new to gnuradio but have to use it as a basic GSM base station for my final year project. the main criteria is to satisfy the basic handshaking protocol between the a handset and the base station. But due to my inexperience in programming, i am not very sure if it is possible, so would like to ask for some advice regarding this.

Please help! Appreciate it..

Joreen

Make the most of what you can do on your PC and the Web, just the way you want. Windows Live