[Discuss-gnuradio] How and where does history() function affect forecast

From: Murtuza
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How and where does history() function affect forecast() or the Scheduler's execution
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:16:17 -0500

Hi Friends

I understand the idea behind using history() in the Gnuradio blocks but there is one thing that I would like to know in order to understand the rationale behind using it. I looked at 'gr_single_threaded_scheduler.cc' to gain an understanding of scheduler implementation and understood how the forecast() method plays a role. But I wasn't able to figure out how history() affects its execution. In a previous post Eric said that it affects the way forecast() behaves and suggested to look at forecast(). But I am not sure of where to look. Can someone tell me where to look at ?

Thanks
Ali
--

Mir Murtuza Ali