Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help! ImportError

From: Ben Green
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help! ImportError
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:23:01 -0700 (PDT)

Joreen Tan wrote:

> I'm totally new to gnuradio.. i installed gnuradio via fedora 6 and the
> installation was successful. however, i get the ImportError when i tried
> to run a program. Below are the exact codes i typed.
>
> address@hidden ~]# cd gnuradio-3.1.2/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp
> address@hidden usrp]# python usrp_spectrum_sense.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "usrp_spectrum_sense.py", line 23, in?
>           from gnuradio import gr, gru, eng_notation, optfir, window
> ImportError: No module named gnuradio
>
> I did try to search for possible solutions but i really don't understand
> how should i do it as in the codes to type as i'm really totally new to
> this. can anyone please help me with this?

This problem has to do with the python interpreter not being able to find
where certain gnu radio files were installed. You can fix this by creating a
file that points python in the right direction. To do this you can run these
commands:

su
echo "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages" | tee
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio.pth
exit

This might change depending on your python installation. The first directory
is the location of gnu radio's python files, the second is a location where
python already looks for files.