Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS L2C transmissions?

From: Gregory W Heckler
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS L2C transmissions?
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 12:30:57 -0400

Peter:

I've been tracking L2C this summer also. I can verify that there is NO DATA on any of the L2C capable SVs. The US Coast Guard has a great GPS status site at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/. The GPS constellation status is listed at:

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/navinfo/Gps/ActiveNanu.aspx

Block IIR-M SVs are L2C capable. Right now in my software receiver the USRP client can record L1 and L2C using a USRP with 2 DBS-RXs. Check out www.gps-sdr.com for more info. The L2C tracking capability will be included in the code after a couple more bugs have been ironed out. Feel free to email me directly if you need more help or info.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
AETD - Mission Engineering and Systems Analysis
Component and Hardware Systems Branch
Mail Code 596, Greenbelt Rd.
Greenbelt, MD 20771
(301) 286-6565