Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flipping problem

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flipping problem
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:40:27 -0700

isaacgerg wrote:
I am sending a known sequence of samples from one USRP to another using the
Basix RX/TX d'boards setting the frequency to 24e6.

When I rx the sequence, the correlation of it keeps flipping, but not in a
way that suggests residual carrier.  It seems as if I am experiencing an
instantaneous flip.

My gain on both the RX and TX is set to 500. The signal amplitude I rx is
~1200. When I run the GRC model, the Rx says I have no residual carrier,
invert is set to false, the dxc frequency is set to -24e6 and the baseband
to zero.  On the TX side, I have these same values with the exception of the
dxc freq, it is not set to 24e6. Why the flip??   What do all these things
mean???

Is 24e6 a bad freq to use with the basic TX/Rx?

Thanks in advance!

I believe what you are seeing here is that the two USRPs are on two different frequencies. This is not a fault of the USRP. No two oscillators will be on exactly the same frequency, and so in any practical receiver you must synchronize.
Matt