Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:22:32 -0400

Steve Peters wrote:

Just a quick follow-up to this.  Last night I printed out diffs in the
std::clock() function along with the timestamp diffs right after the
packets are read.  There are no jumps in the std::clock(), which tells
me the timestamp jump is caused by something strange like the clock
being overwritten and not an actual delay.

I'll get back to you on the other requested tests.

This is interesting... I decided to run some of my own tests. I did a capture of ~10k packets with a single RX chain and I see the same issue.

I used a decimation rate of 64, and therefore the timestamps on the recorded packets should be 64*126samples=8064 ticks apart.

I recorded 8 timestamp jumps of the following sizes:
10264763
1003
985
5569
1738245
1003
987
5557

Very odd, but there's got to be something that explains it :) I'm looking in to this now.

- George