Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MP scheduler performance scaling

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MP scheduler performance scaling
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:03:31 -0700

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 09:08:39PM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:

> See http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/MPSchedulerPerformance for pretty
> pictures and links to the code and raw data.

I've added graphs showing Altivec performance.

The MP scaling on the PS3 is _much_ better with Altivec than without
it.  I suspect it has something to with the interaction between the
dual-thread dispatch and the VSU pipeline.  (I'd always thought that
SMT / hyper-threading was a crock, but at least in this one case it
pays off).

Eric