[Discuss-gnuradio] Auto T/R Switching with Inband code

From: Ketan Mandke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Auto T/R Switching with Inband code
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:12:29 -0500

Hi,

Is there any way to do automatic transmit/receive switching with the
inband code? I understand how the auto t/r switching in the legacy
code worked (i.e. transmit mode was enabled whenever there was data in
the transmit FIFO). My group has been hacking the inband code so that
we can utilize the inband interface through a python wrapper. This
allows us to reuse the daughterboard code (e.g. db_base.py,
db_flexrf.py, etc.). We are now able to successfully send samples or
receive samples, but we were not able to get the auto t/r switching
working. We tried to use the db.set_auto_tr() method on the
daugthboard object db (from the method in db_flexrf.py). Although
calling set_auto_tr(True) did not adversely impact the transmitter
operation, the receive operation was completely nulled out. That is,
the received samples were all nearly zero. We got the receiver to work
by calling set_auto_tr(False). Any thoughts?

--
Ketan Mandke