[Discuss-gnuradio] IF sampling in ISM band

From: Phaysal Khan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] IF sampling in ISM band
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:21:25 +1000

Hi List,
I am using an RFX2400 d'board, for IF sampling a signal which is 20MHz wide, centered at 2.4125GHz. I know it's not possible to sample whole 20Meg, but I am happy with a 16MHz version at this stage (which we belive is the widest we can go). I am using

python usrp_rx_cfile.py -f 2404.5M -s --no-hb -8 -N 40000 data1.dat

1. Am I correct in using 2404.5M to downconvert the IF signal at 10MHz? I need "real" IF samples at 10MHz, do I need to change something here?

2. this frequency in the above command is LO frequency or incoming signal frequency?

3. My signal is in the range 2402.5-2422.5MHz range, which is well with in defined range of RFX2400 (2.4-2.483GHz), do I still need to cut lines for ISM filter on-board, as one of my project mates was advised to do. If yes, can't I use the other signal input on the board, which hasn't got any filter around it?

4. when I look at the spectrum of the IF samples collected using above command, they appear to have lesser bandwidth (4MHz) than the expected bandwidth(20MHz).

Sorry if any/all of these questions sound stupid, but consider me novice :S

Regards

Faisal

Find it at www.seek.com.au Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it!