Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] /. poll related to GNU Radio

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] /. poll related to GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:10:44 -0500

Philip Balister wrote:

> Congratulations guys, you've hit the big time:
>
> http://news.slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl

More here:

  http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/09/1612250

with 168 comments so far.

A serious, dedicated engineering forum on the same list as WikiLeaks and Tor?
Rob
Malda, what are you doing.  Maybe attempting to add some humor, but I don't
think
it's helpful.  The next thing you know, other pubs will carry something about
it,
with GNU radio "running in the top 5".

I would make a serious point that it could be wise to disassociate from entities
using GNU radio for questionable purposes.  Path Intelligence may be one
example.
Toby Oliver may be doing everything by the book, and I don't doubt his concept
is
unique and potentially lucrative.  But my 2 cents to GNU powers-that-be is not
endorse or take contributions -- code, money, or otherwise -- from entities
that are
likely to run into privacy or security related litigation.  Those are hot
potatoes
that don't need to be touched.

-Jeff