Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gsm gmsk demodulation

From: Steven Clark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gsm gmsk demodulation
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:57:43 -0400

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Ben Wojtowicz <address@hidden> wrote:
> I agree with Bob, most gsm demodulators I have seen use a viterbi equalizer
> (sometimes called MLSE equalization).
> Ben

Ok, good to hear from guys with more experience. So you would have a
viterbi equalizer to mitigate ISI, and then wrap that in a layer of
forward error correction? Is this computationally feasible for
cpu-based software radio? Sounds like it could get computationally
expensive pretty quick...

-Steven