Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc_cpll finally works

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc_cpll finally works
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 21:13:13 -0400

Chuck, Eric,

I think there is a way to perform the cPLL at 8 complex Msps and upsample to 16Msps only at the very end when you want to get the Real signal out for further processing. I believe this works (i didn't see any point where there is a possibility for aliasing) and it can result in some savings in complexity without sacrifising performance.
Hopefully I didn't miss anything big...

Take a look at the block diagram here:

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~anastas/gnuradio/pll.png

Achilleas