Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connect two daughterboards with a coax cable.

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connect two daughterboards with a coax cable.
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:54:21 -0700

Tobias Gresch wrote:
Hi,

On May 23, 2008, at 12:16 AM, David Li wrote:

I 'd like to connect two daughterboards (on two separate USRP boxes)
with a coax cable. The cable will replace the two RFX2400 antenna.

What kind of coax cable do I need to buy? Anyone has any experience?

I don't have experience in that but you need a 50R coax cable and
don't forget to put an attenuator, i.e. 50dB.

You should NOT connect the two daughterboards together like that, or you will destroy them. You would need at least 50dB of attenuation between them.

Matt