Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] First-timer Question

From: Cameron Moore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] First-timer Question
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:28:54 +0000

Hi
I have just installed gnuradio onto Fredora 8.
I installed Fedora 8.
Connected to the internet.
Let Fedora do its automatic updates.
I then ran the following command

yum install gnuradio

There were about 10 dependent packages that needed to be installed.

Once all the downloads were finished I had gnuradio installed.

The gnuradio examples were in a separate package.

>From memory I think the command to install it was

yum install gnuradio-examples.

Notes on my install

I was running Fedora 8 as a virtual machine in VMware.
I also installed GnuRadio Companion (grc) well worth while.
The install was done without a usrp connected.

Hope this helps
Cameron