[Discuss-gnuradio] Precise freq hopping w/ inband signaling

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Precise freq hopping w/ inband signaling
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:44:29 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand if this is possible in the FPGA. Let's assume we initially tune a card to 2.4G and then every 650us we want to retune it to the prev frequency plus 100MHz, up until 2.5G and then wrap back to 2.4G. That is very easy to accomplish using inband command packets with timestamps spaced by 650us IF the FPGA can somehow retune the center freq. It would probably be best to recompute the dxc freq and such from the host, who has access to the tuning code, and then transfers the results. Is the FPGA able to directly access what is needed for the retune?

Thanks!
George