RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USBFlas

From: Bahn, William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USBFlash Drive)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:30:56 -0600

It's for an initial aerial demonstration of our keyless jam-resistant encoding.
We are keeping it really, really simple. The airborne unit (the one using the
Lippert board) will be toggling between running a C program that generates a
waveform packet and then calling GnuRadio to broadcast that packet in the
2.4GHz ISM band using OOK. The packet will consist of nothing more than a
timestamp and some additional junk data to fill out the message string.

The ground station will sniff the spectrum and record and decode any packets it
finds. If that goes well, then the bad guys will start jamming the spectrum and
we want to see how much energy, relative to the UAV, they have to expend before
they jam us - that they will jam us is not an open question, just how much
energy it takes them to do so.