Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem

From: irene159
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

> In the output of './configure --help' are there any options regarding
> dll's?  I think this line is what is fouling you up:
>
>  > checking if package supports dlls... no
>
> hth,
>
> Jason.

No, I didn't see any option concerning dll, options available are:

$ ./configure --help
Usage: configure [options] [host]
Configuration:
  --cache-file=FILE       cache test results in FILE
  --help                  print this message
  --no-create             do not create output files
  --quiet, --silent       do not print `checking...' messages
  --version               print the version of autoconf that created
configure
Directory and file names:
  --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files in PREFIX
                          [/usr/local]
  --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX
                          [same as prefix]
  --bindir=DIR            user executables in DIR [EPREFIX/bin]
  --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables in DIR [EPREFIX/sbin]
  --libexecdir=DIR        program executables in DIR [EPREFIX/libexec]
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data in DIR
                          [PREFIX/share]
  --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/etc]
  --sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data in DIR
                          [PREFIX/com]
  --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/var]
  --libdir=DIR            object code libraries in DIR [EPREFIX/lib]
  --includedir=DIR        C header files in DIR [PREFIX/include]
  --oldincludedir=DIR     C header files for non-gcc in DIR [/usr/include]
  --infodir=DIR           info documentation in DIR [PREFIX/info]
  --mandir=DIR            man documentation in DIR [PREFIX/man]
  --srcdir=DIR            find the sources in DIR [configure dir or ..]
  --program-prefix=PREFIX prepend PREFIX to installed program names
  --program-suffix=SUFFIX append SUFFIX to installed program names
  --program-transform-name=PROGRAM
                          run sed PROGRAM on installed program names
Host type:
  --build=BUILD           configure for building on BUILD [BUILD=HOST]
  --host=HOST             configure for HOST [guessed]
  --target=TARGET         configure for TARGET [TARGET=HOST]
Features and packages:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as
--enable-FEATURE=no)
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
  --x-includes=DIR        X include files are in DIR
  --x-libraries=DIR       X library files are in DIR
--enable and --with options recognized:
  --enable-maintainer-mode enable make rules and dependencies not useful
                          (and sometimes confusing) to the casual installer
  --enable-shared[=PKGS]  build shared libraries [default=yes]
  --enable-static[=PKGS]  build static libraries [default=yes]
  --enable-fast-install[=PKGS]  optimize for fast installation [default=yes]
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]
  --disable-libtool-lock  avoid locking (might break parallel builds)
 --with-other-libc=/path/to/other/libc/dir Link against libc and other
standard
libraries installed in the specified non-standard location overriding
default. O
riginally added to be able to link against glibc 2.2 without making the user
upg
rade the standard libc installation
  --with-server-suffix    Append value to the version string.
  --with-mit-threads      Always use included thread lib.
  --with-pthread          Force use of pthread library.
  --with-named-thread-libs=ARG
                          Use specified thread libraries instead of
                          those automatically found by configure.
  --with-named-curses-libs=ARG
                          Use specified curses libraries instead of
                          those automatically found by configure.
  --with-named-z-libs=ARG
                          Use specified zlib libraries instead of
                          those automatically found by configure.
  --enable-thread-safe-client
                          Compile the client with threads.
  --enable-assembler      Use assembler versions of some string
                          functions if available.
  --with-raid             Enable RAID Support
  --with-unix-socket-path=SOCKET
                          Where to put the unix-domain socket.  SOCKET must
be
                          an absolute file name.
  --with-tcp-port=port-number
                          Which port to use for MySQL services (default
3306)
  --with-mysqld-user=username
                          What user the mysqld daemon shall be run as.
  --disable-largefile    Omit support for large files
  --with-libwrap[=DIR]    Compile in libwrap (tcp_wrappers) support
  --without-debug         Build a production version without debugging code
  --with-mysqld-ldflags   Extra linking arguments for mysqld
  --with-client-ldflags   Extra linking arguments for clients
  --with-low-memory       Try to use less memory to compile to avoid
                          memory limitations.
  --with-comment          Comment about compilation environment.
  --without-server        Only build the client.
  --without-docs          Skip building of the documentation.
  --without-bench         Skip building of the benchmark suite.
  --without-readline      Use system readline instead of bundled copy.
  --with-charset=CHARSET  Use CHARSET by default (one of: big5 cp1251 cp1257
                          croat czech danish dec8 dos estonia euc_kr gb2312
gbk
                          german1 greek hebrew hp8 hungarian koi8_ru
koi8_ukr
                          latin1 latin2 latin5 swe7 usa7 win1250 win1251ukr
                          ujis sjis tis620; Default is latin1)
  --with-extra-charsets=CHARSET[,CHARSET,...]
                          Use charsets in addition to default (none,
complex,
                          all, or a list selected from the above sets)
  --with-berkeley-db[=DIR]
                          Use BerkeleyDB located in DIR
  --with-berkeley-db-includes=DIR
                          Find Berkeley DB headers in DIR
  --with-berkeley-db-libs=DIR
                          Find Berkeley DB libraries in DIR
  --with-innodb         Use Innodb
  --with-gemini[=DIR] Use Gemini DB located in DIR

Where do I have to look to see from where this is coming?

I have installed mysql-3.23.43 for Linux, but when I ran into this problem I
also tried installing a windows version but libraries don't have the same
names there is no "libmysqlclient" but "mysqlclient.lib". Do I need a
Windows or a Linux version with Cygwin?

Could the problem come from the mysql version?

I am really stucked, thanks for your help,
Irene