[Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with current RBF?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with current RBF?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:54:42 -0400

We recently gave some quite successful demos for a sponsor. In order to get one of the demos to work, we had to revert the RBF files from the latest SVN trunk ... we chose r4287 < http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/changeset/4287 > because that's when the check in to fix the issue of turning off the TX immediately after using it (for all practical purposes). There might be more recent changesets that would work, but we didn't have time to test them out. Our program is a variant of benchmark_tx and _rx in the digital directory - admittedly before the transition from gr.flow_graph to gr.top_block - but a quick update seems to have done no harm.

The issue we're seeing is that when the USRP_TX is turned off in Python, the USRP will still TX what was there before. We can very clearly see this with out demo as well as a spectrum analyzer. This happens using the latest trunk RBF, but not the RBF from r4287.

We're working on Ubuntu 7.10, latest updates, but it happens using OSX 10.4 and 10.5 as well - so I think it's the RBF or benchmark_XX code at issue.

Anyone have any ideas that we might try to further track down the issue, or thoughts as to where to correct this issue in the benchmark* code? Thanks in advance. - MLD