RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] M&M impl, its parameters, and why does itwork for

From: Long, Jeffrey P.
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] M&M impl, its parameters, and why does itwork for GMSK?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:00:05 -0400

While we are on the topic of clock recovery and someone more
knowledgeable than me is reading :) I would like to pose a question to
Bob. How might one do clock recovery on a M-ary CPM signal? It sounds
like a ML sequence technique might be an option but is there a simpler
ad-hoc technique that works as well? My "superiors" tell me to just do
clock recovery on a 2-ary modulated preamble and then hold it for the
rest of the packet when it switches to your M-ary mode. I suppose this
would work but I think it might be a little too much work in GNU right
now until the meta data extra channel thing is ready, right? For
simplicity I would prefer a technique that could run on streaming data
like the M&M.

thanks
Jeff