Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help Needed: ValueError: itemsize mismatch: audio

From: Darryl Ross
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help Needed: ValueError: itemsize mismatch: audio_alsa_source(1):0 using 4, flex_demod(2):0 using 8
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:58:36 +1030

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

Tim Meehan wrote:
On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Darryl Ross <address@hidden> wrote:
    I'm guessing that I need to process (resample?) the signal from the
    sound card before passing it to the flex decoder, but I'm not sure what
    that processing would be. I'm very new to signal processing, so don't
    know what search terms I should be using.

I think flex_demod is looking for  complex data  at baseband

I'm not sure how to do this. I have updated my program so that it looks like what's below, but I do not get anything printed.

I have tried both hw:0 and plughw:0.

I have a Uniden Bearcat 92XLT modified to add a discriminator tap, from the instructions at http://www.discriminator.nl/ubc72xlt/index-en.html. (One question I have is what is the purpose of the 10K resistor?)

Thanks
-Darryl

#!/usr/bin/python

import time
from gnuradio import audio, gr, pager

audio_device = 'hw:0'
sample_rate = 48000

class top_block(gr.top_block):
    def __init__(self, queue):
        gr.top_block.__init__(self)

        src = audio.source(sample_rate, audio_device)
        dst = pager.flex_demod(queue)

        converter = gr.float_to_complex()

        self.connect(src, converter)
        self.connect(converter, dst)