Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] execute MATLAB code with mlab_call

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] execute MATLAB code with mlab_call
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:26:48 -0400

        I've been working with a colleague who works mostly in MATLAB
  to prototype and test the work we're doing, so I've written a block
  that uses the MATLAB engine interface to execute MATLAB code as part
  of a flowgraph. It's based on the howto-write-a-block example, and can
  be built and used in much the same way. Please let me know if you find
  this block useful and if you needs other versions (for floats,
  etc.). If you're interested in using this block, please follow the
  README.

I wonder if you could make this work with octave.  MATLAB is decidedly
non-Free, and thus I'd expect that any support to interoperate with
MATLAB probably wouldn't be eligble for integration into the tree.

How do you link this in such a way that you can follow the GPL and
distribute it?