Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal processing block compiling problem

From: Paul Creekmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal processing block compiling problem
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:08:45 -0400

Michael Dickens wrote:
"/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3f"
This even occurs if I try to compile the howto example. Another member on my team has installed FFTW3, so I'm not sure why I am getting this error. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

FFTW3F is a separate install from FFTW3 on most systems. Do a search for that package name in whatever install system you're OS is using, and hopefully it'll turn up. BTW> What OS / version are you working on? Always helps to know this info up front.

We solved this problem internally. For the record, on Debian the necessary files are not in the fftw3 package, but they are in fftw3-dev. There is no fftw3f package.

--Paul