Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol error:

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol error:
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:28:42 -0500

I'm not a Fedora expert (I do a lot of testing on Ubuntu 6.06 through 7.10 - to verify compatibility) ... but I expect Fedora to be similar (others might offer corrections). I've tested the latest SVN trunk on Mac OS X 10.5 and Ubunut 7.10 without issues, so (obviously) something is odd with your install ... especially if GNU Radio was working before and not now. In general you won't need to update dependencies between GNU Radio builds; the latest SVN trunk in the past few months hasn't changed requirements.

You can verify that this is a library path issue by:

cd /usr/local/lib
nm -a libgnuradio-core.so | grep stop | grep single

--> should provide a string such as "T __ZN28gr_single_threaded_scheduler4stopEv".

Some notes:

1) Since you're making off of a network drive, I'd recommend building in a separate, local-to-your-computer directory (if possible), e.g.:
------
cd NETWORK_PATH_TO_GR
sh bootstrap
cd ~
mkdir gr_build
cd gr_build
NETWORK_PATH_TO_GR/configure
make
make check
sudo make install
------
or something like that.

2) After doing "configure" when upgrading the SVN trunk, you'll oftentimes want to do "make distclean" to get rid of cruft:
------
cd NETWORK_PATH_TO_GR
sh bootstrap
./configure
make distclean
------
Using what I wrote in (1) make it even easier, since you could just do:
------
cd ~
rm -rf gr_build
------