[Discuss-gnuradio] Bug in gnuradio-core\src\lib\general\gr_test.cc

From: Andrew Rose
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug in gnuradio-core\src\lib\general\gr_test.cc
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:41:35 -0000

I've got a background project to try to get GNU Radio working with the
native Windows tool chain (see
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/WindowsNativeInstall).  As a
side-effect of using a different compiler, I get different
warnings/errors.

Here's something I found that's almost certainly wrong.  From svn trunk,
gnuradio-core\src\lib\general\gr_test.cc, line 143.

     //Now copy input to output untill max ninputs or max noutputs is
reached
     int common_nports=std::min(ninputs,noutputs);
     if(d_sizeof_output_item==d_sizeof_input_item);
       for (int i = 0; i < common_nports; i++)
       {

memcpy(output_items[i],input_items[i],noutput_items*d_sizeof_input_item)
;
       }
     int noutput_items_produced=0;

The fix appears to be trivial (remove the semicolon at the end of the
if(...) line).  However, I don't want to make the fix myself because I
can't test it (because I'm still a long way off having a working build).
I don't know if it would break any existing QAs.

I thought I'd flag it up in case it might be causing anybody any
problems.  (If you fix it, why not change, untill -> until in the
comment too.)

Andrew