Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ofdm parameters

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ofdm parameters
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:31:25 +0000

Jacopo wrote:
Thanks a lot!!!!

Another question: It's possible to have adaptive modulation, that is the possibility to use different modulation for any subcarrier?

Bye

Jacopo

No, not in the current implementation. You'll have to create a new ofdm_modulator block to handle this behavior.

On that note, that's really the entire point of what we've created (or will have once the issues are all worked out). We wanted to show the basics of a general OFDM modulator/demodulator so that others can build from there with their own interesting stuff.

Tom

2008/2/3, Thomas Rondeau <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:

    Jacopo wrote:
    > Thanks! But where can i check this parameter?
    >
    > Is it possible that fft_length= occupated carrier
    (--occupied-tones in
    > blksimpl/ofdm.py) + un_used carrier ? Where can i set the
    position of
    > the occupated_bins?
    >
    > bye

    To modify the bandwidth, you have to set the interpolation and
    decimation rates. Yes, fft_length is the size of the FFT or total
    number
    of subcarriers. Of this, only occupied-tones are used to carry
    data. The
    unused carriers are distributed evenly on the carriers and you cannot
    modify this behavior in the parameters currently, i.e., we do not
    support non-contiguous OFDM.

    Tom

    <mailto:address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>>:

    >     Jacopo wrote:
    >     > Hello I'm studing an OFDM implementation on gnuradio. I
    want to
    >     modify
    >     > benchmark_ofdm_tx.py.
    >     >
    >     > I have just read ofdm.py and trasmit_path.py but I can't
    find how
    >     > change some parameters.
    >     >
    >     > I'd want a bandwith of 20Mhz, where I can set this option?
    Where

--
www.fotofestefirenze.it <http://www.fotofestefirenze.it>