Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ISE Project navigator and ISE files

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ISE Project navigator and ISE files
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:57:17 -0800

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 04:40:18PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
> I had a look around the SVN repo when the most recent USRP announcement
> was made and I noticed that the .ise project file has been committed.
>
> In my experience this doesn't work very well - project navigator touches
> it everytime you do just about everything. Also I've had PN crash when
> you open an ise file from another platform. It also has a tendency to
> corrupt it and recreating it by hand sucks.
>
> To work around this I have a script that uses the 'pjcli' tool, it looks
> like this..

Daniel, we'd love to have a better solution.  We're using 9.2.04i.
Can you create what ever this script is and tell how to use it?  On a
related topic, we were wondering if you really can run the xilinx
tools from a Makefile and get access to all of the options that are
available in ISE.  In looking at the tcl log, it appears that it's
passing most of the options by way of the .ise binary blob.

Thanks,
Eric