[Discuss-gnuradio] ISE Project navigator and ISE files

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ISE Project navigator and ISE files
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:40:18 +1030

Hi,
I had a look around the SVN repo when the most recent USRP announcement
was made and I noticed that the .ise project file has been committed.

In my experience this doesn't work very well - project navigator touches
it everytime you do just about everything. Also I've had PN crash when
you open an ise file from another platform. It also has a tendency to
corrupt it and recreating it by hand sucks.

To work around this I have a script that uses the 'pjcli' tool, it looks
like this..

# Create the project
NewProject(foo.ise)

# Set basic properties
SetProperty(Device Family, spartan3)
SetProperty(Device, xc3s400)
SetProperty(Package, tq144)
SetProperty(Speed Grade, -4)
SetProperty(Top-Level Module Type, HDL)

# Add the sources
AddSource(foo.v, Verilog Design File)
AddSource(foo.ucf, foo)
AddSource(alu.xco, Coregen Design File)
AddSource(alu_wrap.v, Verilog Design File)

# Test bench sources
AddSource(foo_test.v, Verilog Design File)

SetProperty(Simulation Run Time, 5000 ns, foo_test_v, Simulate
Post-Place & Route Model, 9, foo)

# Close the project to tidy up
CloseProject()

To use it you run..