[Discuss-gnuradio] Spurious Spikes Seen with usrp_fft.py

From: Thomas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spurious Spikes Seen with usrp_fft.py
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:29:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,
I am using a USRP with only a DBSRX daughterboard installed. The image at the following link is a screen capture I took.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3570/screenshotusrpfftfy8.jpg
Does anyone know why the spike at 921.6 MHz is there? I have observed many of these spikes in other parts of the spectrum using usrp_fft.py. I looked for them using a real spectrum analyzer connected to an antenna and did not observe them.
I used the same parameters in usrp_fft.py that were used in the first image at the following link.
http://273k.net/gsm/find-a-gsm-base-station-manually-using-a-usrp/
This spike does not exist in their plot.
I appreciate your responses.
Thanks,
Thomas