[Discuss-gnuradio] PROBLEM: Understanding gr_block's implementation

From: Jonas Gacrama
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PROBLEM: Understanding gr_block's implementation
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:28:39 +0800

These are some of the input parameters of  gr_block::general_work() :

input_items     vector of pointers to the input items, one entry per input
stream
output_items    vector of pointers to the output items, one entry per
output stream

Am I correct in understanding that the input_items CAN point to a
vector<float> type of inputs? I plan to implement two input channels
of vector<float> type. Therefore I plan to pass TWO POINTERS of
vector<float> type as "input_items" to general_work.

Note that the discussion on this website:
"http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html";
only used one
"channel" of inputs since it only took values from a single stream. I
plan to take TWO CHANNELS of inputs wherein each channel contains
10000 inputs.

Thanks!