[Discuss-gnuradio] TX/RX Coordination

From: Robert Miller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TX/RX Coordination
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:44:39 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am having some trouble trying to setup the following experiment.  I have a
single USRP and 2 RFX-1800 daughterboards and wish to transmit and receive
between them using only the TX/RX ports.  Since I would like to use the same
frequency, f1, I would like to time-division multiplex the daughterboards in
the following manner:

RFX #1:    TX  RX  TX  RX  TX  RX  .....  TX
RFX #2:    RX  TX  RX  TX  RX  TX  .....  RX

Q1)  Is this possible using the USRP and the RFX daughterboards?
Q2)  If so, can someone provide some pseudo-code for the daughterboard
setup?  I have read various posts about using the auto_tr feature with the
RFX boards but am still a bit confused.
Q3)  How fast can the TX/RX switching occur?

Thanks in advance for any guidance,
Rob