Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OLPC - next generation with SDR?

From: David Hartzell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OLPC - next generation with SDR?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:05:54 -0800

John Gilmore wrote:
What kind of antenna would this require? Something external to the laptop? Or something that could be built into the plastic case?
Gotta go with an external antenna, hopefully something like an RCA plug. If we're trying to encourage kids in developing nations to get into technology, this would be it. That's how I got started twenty years ago, with a long-wire connected to an RCA plug, which isn't too much real-estate on the case. DRM is pretty cool and has the /potential/ to provide the kids with a multimedia experience, even if it takes two laptops "chained" together to decode the signals...

Dave