Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX LNA

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX LNA
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:02:34 -0800

Nirali Patel wrote:
Hi,

Does the TVRX board have a front-end gain stage before the signal is
downconverted to IF? I will be using the TVRX and the USRP to capture over the
air HDTV signals in a mobile field test. I looked at the schematic for the TVRX
board and it looks there isn't a discrete LNA on the board. Does the MT4937
chip have an integrated LNA before the down conversion to IF? I've looked at
the tuner datasheet but couldn't tell for sure if there was an LNA.

The TVRX has an 8-10 dB noise figure.
Matt