Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange problem when reading from gr.GR_SIN_WAVE.

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange problem when reading from gr.GR_SIN_WAVE.....
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:32:04 -0500

Essentially, the sampling rate parameter of the signal source does not
actually control the number of samples per "CPU clock". That parameter
tells the signal source how to scale the sine wave in the time domain.
When you run this flow graph, the signal source is actually spitting
out samples as fast as possible. So in time.sleep(2e-6), any random
number of sample will be written.

You can control the rate of the samples with respect to you CPU clock
by using a gr.throttle(gr.sizeof_float, samps_per_second) block in
your flow graph. Also, you can use a gr.head(gr.sizeof_float,
num_samps) block to only allow the first "num_samps" into the file
sink.

-Josh