Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed assertion in gr_buffer.h

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed assertion in gr_buffer.h
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:09:29 -0500

Eric Blossom wrote:

Take a look at general/gr_bytes_to_syms.{h,cc}.

(It's deprecated because there's a more general way to solve the
problem it was addressing.  However, the basic pattern is sound.)

Eric,

 I looked at gr_bytes_to_syms, and at gr_sync_interpolator.
gr_sync_interpolator requires a 1:N integer interpolation factor.
My digital bitstream's rate is unrelated to my output rate,
so my interpolation factor is a floating point rational number
expressable as M:N.  It's similar to the rational_resampler,
but in the digital-bitstream domain instead of in the
digitized-analog-signal domain.

I checked my consume_each and return value, and did find
an "off-by-one" error, but I'm still getting the

  failed assertion `s < d_bufsize'

error.