Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal reconstruction

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal reconstruction
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:47:22 -0500

On Nov 10, 2007 9:39 AM, Aadil Volkwin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I still have the problem with the reconstruction though.
>
> When I perform the FFT on the sample set, the plots are not as you would
> expect for a pure 250KHz signal?

You're transmitting a 250kHz square source which is the summation of
all odd harmonics of 250kHz.  I believe that is why you were told to
switch over to a sine wave which you would probably just see a single
tone.

Due to bandwidth limitations, transmitting square waves over the air
doesn't work quite as one may expect.

> This is the major concern for me and the crux of my problem.

I am sorry if I am unfamiliar, but what exactly are you trying to
accomplish, and how do you expect to do it with a square wave?

Brian