RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find field sync for over the air HDTV s

From: Nirali Patel
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find field sync for over the air HDTV signal
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:34:40 -0500

Hi Eric,

Attached is the screenshot for the spectrum at 587Mhz. I will soon get a
link so next time I won't attach!
It looks like there is some multipath towards the upper end but not a deep
notch or anything severe that would prevent field sync. The SNR does not
seem that bad either at 57dB gain. I will try to move my antenna to another
place to see if I can get a completely flat spectrum.
With a gain setting of 50 I get slightly higher SNR and the field sync stays
on for a longer time before the equalizer loses it.
Your thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Nirali

> What does the output of usrp_fft -d 8 -f 587M look like?

Eric